Here’s Ayurvedic tips on summer hair treatment from the book ‘SOMA – 100 Heritage Recipes for Self-Care’ by Dr. Indu Arora. She mentioned – Shhhh! My summer hair oil recipe is not a secret anymore:)
Thank you, Indu!
Herbs infused cooling hair oil
Mint leaves (fresh) – 1 cup
Lime- 2, razor thin slices
Coconut oil- 16 oz
Rose petals (optional)- 1/2 cup.
1. Take coconut oil in a sauce pan and put it on simmer to heat
2. Once the oil is heated, add lime slices and let it cook for 5-10 minutes on simmer
3. Once the lime slices start to become crisp, add rose petals and mint leaves. Let all the ingredients cook on simmer till they become crisp and the color of oil changes to greenish hue
4. Switch off the flame and let the oil cool down
5. Strain the oil in an airtight glass bottle
6. Apply once a week on hair roots, strands and scalp. Keep for 15-30 minutes>> Shampoo = Shiny, strong hairs + cool head ..
Benefits include- luster and strength to the hair roots and strands. Prevents early greying, tension headaches and dandruff. Cools off the excess pitta!.